Saturday, September 25, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Stella!

Today our sweet Stella turned 2! The day did not start according to play, but I'll explain that later.
I thought I'd share the party details with those who couldn't make it. So here's the bday banner. There's a picture of Stella with Minnie on the mantel next to flowers from Papa and Gaga. It was a Mickey/Minnie Party/tailgator.

The treat table. Since we just went to disney this summer I framed several pictures of Stella and had them around the house with her favorites...Mickey and Minnie.

I decided to make the cupcakes this year and they turned out ok...or at least I thought.

As Stella's friends left, they got a little good from Stella. There was a Mickey cut out that said "Thank You. See ya REAL soon. love Stella" and attached were silly bands.
Outside we had several little areas to entertain the little ones. This is the coloring table.

Reid is manning the "bowling" area.

I love this picture of Stella. She is peaking around the corner to see who else is arriving to the big party.
Coloring with friends Lilly and Bella.

This jump house was a HUGE hit. This was our present to Stella this year and she LOVES it. Her and Sallie are showing off their skills here.

Then Brody got in on all the fun.

Brody's sister, Jillian Kate, was the youngest guest...only 10 days old.

We also had some face painting. Thanks Aunt Lori and Uncle Julian for manning this station. Lori made the cute sign with the options on it!

Trenton sat patiently while he got an alien/robot.

Of course, we had to sing happy birthday so everyone could dig into the cupcakes. She tried blowing out her candle a couple times, so mommy stepped in to help.

Stella was spoiled by all her friends and got some great presents. She loves all of them!

And we ended the day in Yazwinski tradition at our house and marked Stella's height on a wall in our house to watch her growth. I love that she's keep her eye on me here.
Ok, back to the surprises on sweet Stella's birthday. Last night Stella woke up around 12:30 crying and saying her ear hurt. I immediately meant she had an ear infection and would be sleeping with us until we could get to the doctor. So, after waking up at 6:00 I ran around the house getting last minute things ready while Stella watched Mickey because I knew if we went to the doctor I wouldn't have time to get ready before guests arrived.
Sure enough Stella has an ear infection, but the doctor said she wasn't contagious and the party to go on. I was hesitant at first but he reassured me. So we picked up her prescription, raced home, changed, did a lot of stuff in a few minutes and then welcomed our guests.
Before they arrived I gave Stella her medicine, but she didn't want breakfast, so she took it on an empty stomach. Yes, you guessed it an hour later (DURING THE PARTY) she got sick. After she got sick she was back to playing/etc, but I wasn't counting on her getting sick while entertaining our friends and their kids. It was a little stressful, but she seemed fine. After another round of getting sick she was done and was fine the rest of the day. Yes, she was tired from little sleep the night before, but ready to play with her new toys.
I was hesitant to give her the medicine again tonight, but it said if they get an upset stomach (i guess it's common) feed them crackers or bread with the medicine. that seemed to work...yeah!
Anyway, that was a little "extra" excitement today, but I wouldn't have it any other way!
I thankful for this beautiful 2 year old and her growing personality!
WE LOVE YOU STELLA!

3 comments:

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

It was a great party! The kids had fun and everthing looked adorable!! Matt said to tell you guys that the great parties always end with someone throwing up. Haha. (c:

Misosauce said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STELLA! Your cousin Willow can't wait to play with you :-)

Anonymous said...

Check out my product review of how i boosted my metabolism! http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=3462437